Spice up your next brunch with this serrano pepper avocado toast that is packed full of flavor with grilled corn and fresh chimichurri sauce. Avocado toast might seem like old news, but this version is a whole new take on the classic. It has the perfect balance of fresh flavors with the char-grilled corn, spicy serrano slices, and fresh chimichurri sauce drizzled on top.
Serrano Pepper Avocado Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Serrano Pepper Avocado Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, separated
- 2 ears corn on the cob
- 4 slices gluten-free bread
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons. chimichurri sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro, for topping (optional)
How to Prepare Serrano Pepper Avocado Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush corn ears with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil each. Place on the grill and lower heat to medium. Cook, turning regularly, until there are grill marks on all sides - approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside for 3-5 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Using a sharp knife, cut kernels off of the cob.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Place bread slices in the pan and toast until both sides of each slice is browned.
- To assemble, top each slice of toast with 1/2 an avocado, corn kernels, serrano pepper slices and cilantro. Drizzle with chimichurri sauce and top with salt and pepper.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.