Stuff all the yummy veggies inside the pocket, and you my friend, have yourself a light and healthy dinner! Keep in mind, that you can use virtually anything for the pockets. The possibilities are endless, and the tzatziki sauce is absolutely delightful.
Seitan Pita Pockets With Vegan Tzatziki Sauce [Vegan]
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 small cucumber shredded
- Small handful fresh dill
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt to taste
For the Pita Pockets:
- 1 package pita pockets
- 1 package or block of seitan
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 2 red ripe tomatoes
- Place cashews, water, lemon juice, salt, garlic, dill and onion powder in the blender and blend until it is very smooth.
- Place into a bowl, and add the grated cucumber...make sure you have squeezed the water out of it, or the sauce will be watery.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Slice seitan in small thin strips, and put in a pan with a little bit of olive oil. Sprinkle on your favorite seasoning, and stir until browned to your liking.
- Place a skillet on low to medium heat, and place the pita pockets on top. Grill for about 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Place all of the ingredients ( or the ones that you like) into the pockets, and serve immediately