This seedy granola is super easy to put together. It’s crunchy and sweet, and full of healthy seeds and nutritious oats!
Seedy Granola [Vegan]
- 4 cups Gluten-Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, or regular Old Fashioned Rolled Oats if you prefer
- 1 cup blanched almonds, pounded into small pieces or chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shreds (optional)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet (I first lined the baking sheet with a silpat and then greased it with a small amount of coconut oil).
- If pounding out almonds, place almonds into a zip top bag, close the bag and place on a cutting board. Using a meat mallet or back of a frying pan, smash almonds into small pieces. Alternatively you can chop them.
- In a large mixing bowl add oats, almond pieces, coconut (optional), sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, and cinnamon. Stir.
- To the bowl, add vanilla extract, canola oil and maple syrup. Stir to evenly coat.
- Evenly spread granola onto the greased baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- After the granola is done cooking, if your baking sheet is not lined with a silpat, quickly transfer granola to a piece of foil to cool.
- Cool granola completely before storing or serving.
- Store granola in an airtight container.