This recipe was born out of the need to eat a good and really tasty seaweed burger because the ones I found in the market did not satisfy me at all. It's an ideal recipe for the whole family since these burgers have a crispy texture and a very pleasant taste and not at all heavy as it usually happens with seafood.
Seaweed Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 and 1/2 -ounces of seaweed cochayuyo
- 3 and 1/2-ounces of sea lettuce or wakame
- 3 and 1/2-ounces of nori seaweed
- 1 purple onion, diced
- 1 grated zucchini
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 handful of finely chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of chia or flaxseed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of chickpea flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder or bicarbonate
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a cup, soak the seeds with the amount of water of a finger on the seeds.
- In a bowl place all the dry ingredients (seaweed, baking powder, chickpea flour, salt, pepper) stir with a paddle. Add the onion, cilantro, zucchini, carrot, red pepper and seeds to soak.
- Mix all the ingredients again to form a homogeneous paste. Cover and take for half an hour to the refrigerator.
- In a pan add enough oil to fry the burgers, we hope it will heat up for a few minutes. While we form with our mixture small balls that we will crush with our hand.
- Fry taking care to brown the hamburgers on both sides. we remove and leave them on absorbent paper.
- Note: If you have problems with the fried foods you can also do it in the oven for which we are going to preheat it and then we will place a pinch of oil in a can where we will leave the burgers. We bake for about 15-20 minutes.