Savory Pumpkin Hummus [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 and 3/4 cups cooked chickpeas (or one 14-oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of sea salt, black pepper, and red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (chickpea cooking water) or water
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add more water if necessary to reach your desired consistency.
- Taste test and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Garnish with more extra-virgin olive oil, sesame seeds, and fresh parsley if desired, and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.