These simple sautéed vegan brussels sprouts are topped with a sweet and tangy reduced balsamic glaze! Balsamic brussels sprouts are the perfect holiday part side or are delicious as an easy weeknight dinner! They work well with so many dishes, but also taste great on their own! Whatever you choose to do, this balsamic brussels sprouts recipe is sure to impress!
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction [Vegan]
- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- For reduction, pour vinegar into a nonstick pan over high heat.
- Bring the vinegar to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, keeping the heat at low/medium.
- Once the quantity of vinegar has reduced by half, check for a syrupy consistency by dragging a spoon/knife through the mixture and making sure the track isn't filled immediately (as it would be by a liquid).
- Transfer to a airtight container and let cool before using.
- Next, heat oil over low to medium heat in a pan. Add brussels sprouts and toss so that they're all evenly coated in oil.
- Cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes, until brussels sprouts are browning and fragrant.
- Take off heat and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Immediately before serving, top brussels sprouts with balsamic reduction.