Do you love samosas? Wait until you try this!
Samosa Pie [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Samosa Pie [Vegan]
- 5 potatoes peeled and quartered
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into small bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons organic canola oil
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 3/4-1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 deep dish pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
How to Prepare Samosa Pie [Vegan]
- Dice your onion and remove 1 cup of peas from the freezer to thaw.
- Peel your potatoes and carrots.
- Chop your carrots into small bite sized pieces and quarter your potatoes.
- Boil your carrots in a separate pot for about 10-15 minutes until just soft. Drain and set aside.
- Boil your potatoes in their own pot for about 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Roughly mash your potatoes with a handheld masher ensuring they remain a bit lumpy. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat your canola oil over medium heat. Once hot add your cumin seeds and stir them around (occasionally) for about 3 minutes.
- Add your diced onion and stir well to combine. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add your turmeric, garam masala, salt, pepper and red chile flakes. Stir well to combine.
- Add your mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Last, add your thawed peas and cooked carrots and gently combine.
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Remove your pie crust from the freezer and allow it to thaw for about 15 minutes.
- Add the filling to the pie crust filling it quite full.
- Wet the edges of the top and bottom crusts before placing the top crust on top of the filling and pressing the edges together to seal them.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the top piecrust with soy milk.
- Cut a few slits in the centre of the pie crust to allow steam to escape.
- Place on a baking tray or directly on your oven rack and cook for about 40 minutes until the top is golden.
- Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for about 5-10 minutes before cutting into slices and serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.