These raw vegan salted caramel chocolate protein bars are a bar you seriously want to make. They are gluten free, refined sugar free and packed full of protein!
Salted Caramel Protein Bar [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free, No Refined Sugar]
- 3/4 cup vegan protein powder
- 1/8 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low cal fruit syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon zero sugar salted caramel syrup or flavoring
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 cup dairy-free chocolate
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil
- Line a medium-large bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine protein powder, almonds, coconut flour and cacao powder. Stir until well mixed and set aside.
- Add in nut butter, syrup, melted coconut oil, and salted caramel. Stir gently until well combined.
- Add one tablespoon of milk at a time, until mixture forms into crumbled dough texture. Dough should be moist, but slightly crumbly.
- Press mixture into prepared pan with slightly wet hands. Flatten as much as you can.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil together, 10-30 seconds, in increments, until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the base and place in freezer for 30 minutes, or refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set. Lift parchment paper from pan and cut into 8 bars.
- Store bars in airtight container in fridge up to 2 weeks, and in freezer well wrapped for up to 3 months.