These nutritious-and-delicious Salted Caramel Protein Balls are super easy to make and are packed with healthy fats, complex carbs, fiber, and plant-based protein. They are vegan, nut-free, and suitable for gluten-free diets. These bites also make a great snack or dessert and can be enjoyed as part of a healthy breakfast or lunch. Because they are peanut and nut-free, you can even pack them for school lunches!
Salted Caramel Protein Balls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free rolled oats (use the smaller flake quick-cooking oats if possible)
- 1/2 cup vegan vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds (optional, or use additional oats)
- 1 tablespoon maca powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup sunflower seed butter (or cashew or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup agave or date syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, protein powder, chia seeds, maca, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the seed butter, agave/syrup, and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Put the dough in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes then roll into balls. Refrigerate until firm.