Plus these salted caramel almond blondies are incredibly easy to throw together, all you need is a high-speed blender, a brownie tin and you’re set. They’re best when they come fresh out of the oven and are still warm, but also keep perfectly at room temperature. It’s not only extremely tasty, but also super gooey, nutty and sweet, combined with a touch of saltiness. So if you’re a big fan of chocolate chip cookie dough, caramel sauce, and sweet and salty combinations – this one’s for you!
Salted Caramel Almond Blondies [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 cups oat flour (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (more if dough is too crumbly)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flax meal + 6 tablespoons water)
- 3 tablespoons almond butter, melted (or any other nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of sea salt
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any other plant-based alternative)
- dash of sea salt
- Prepare the flax eggs and set aside.
- Place all the ingredients for the dough inside a medium sized bowl and lastly add the flax eggs.
- Use a spatula and your hands to combine the ingredients to a soft dough. It shouldn't be too dry, and not too sticky, but just right so it won't stick to your hands.
- Use a knife to cut the dough into two equal parts.
- Pre heat the oven to 350°F and line a brownie tin with parchment paper.
- Take the first half and spread it evenly on the bottom of the brownie tin. Take the dough layer out and set aside. Repeat this step with the second half and leave it in the tin this time.
- Prepare the caramel by adding all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blending until creamy.
- Spread the caramel evenly on top of the dough and add the remaining dough layer on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool down a bit and eat while still warm!