Three words: vegan blueberry muffins. If your mouth isn't already watering, imagine the sweet, moist bread with pockets of warm blueberries inside. It's perfect for breakfast, a midday snack, to pair with afternoon tea/coffee, and dessert! You can eat them almost anywhere! Another great thing about these delicious vegan blueberry muffins is that they're made with whole rye, which has amazing health benefits. It's full of fiber, nutrients, and iron to name a few! Blueberries also have many health benefits like being a great source of vitamin K and other antioxidants! Plus, blueberry-filled recipes are simply delicious! You have to try these vegan blueberry muffins!!
Rye Blueberry Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 cup + 3/4 cup wholemeal rye flour (or any other)
- 2 large bananas or 3 small ones
- 1/2 cup of dairy-free milk (this recipe used oat)
- 1/2 cup of blueberries (this recipe used frozen)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Vegan sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into a muffin tin.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top. Bake for about 12-15 minutes until they are cooked through. Check with a toothpick or a knife.
- Take them out of the oven, let them set in the mold for a couple of minutes and then remove from the mold. Let it cool completely in a rack and you are ready to go!