Delicious wholemeal muffins with blueberries! Perfect for breakfast, midday snack, to have a cup of tea or coffee, in the afternoon. You can take them and eat them at work or anywhere you need a snack.
Rye Blueberry Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 cup + 3/4 cup wholemeal rye flour (or any other)
- 2 large bananas or 3 small ones
- 1/2 cup of dairy-free milk (this recipe used oat)
- 1/2 cup of blueberries (this recipe used frozen)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Vegan sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into a muffin tin.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top. Bake for about 12-15 minutes until they are cooked through. Check with a toothpick or a knife.
- Take them out of the oven, let them set in the mold for a couple of minutes and then remove from the mold. Let it cool completely in a rack and you are ready to go!