The sweetness of root beer makes it a perfect ingredient for wings. Mixed with some spice and heat, these delicious 'wings' have the best flavor profile - spicy, smoky, and a bit sweet. YUM. You probably have most of these ingredients in your kitchen already. What're you waiting for?
Root Beer BBQ Seitan ‘Wings’ [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups root beer
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 packages seitan
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add sauce ingredients to small mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Bring sauce to boil in saucepan and reduce to a simmer. Heat until it starts to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Mix sauce and seitan in mixing bowl until thoroughly coated.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place wings in single layer.
- Bake until wings begin to crisp, about 25 minutes.
- Seitan (Plant Protein)