Roast whole sweet potatoes and add your favorite toppings. Some spiced chickpeas, red cabbage, red onion, carrot, red capsicum, fresh mint and coriander – you could add some vegan sour cream if you like.
Roasted Sweet Potato With Spiced Chickpeas [Vegan]
- 1 large whole sweet potato
- 1/4 teaspoon each of ground cumin, ground coriander, paprika, cayenne pepper, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar – salt and pepper
- 1 tin organic chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper – diced
- 1 carrot – grated
- 1/4 red onion – diced
- 1 cup red cabbage – sliced thinly
- fresh coriander and mint to garnish
- Cut your sweet potato in half and bake wrapped in foil with a dash of oil, salt and pepper in a hot oven – around 400ºF for 45 minutes to an hour.
- You can par boil in advance if you have less time and then into the oven for 25 minutes.
- While the sweet potato is baking prepare your chickpeas.
- In a pan place your drained chickpeas and all of your herbs and spices (ground cumin, ground coriander, paprika, cayenne pepper, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper) and cook on medium heat until the chickpeas turn golden.
- Cool and top your baked sweet potato with the chickpeas and the rest of your ingredients.