If you love homemade mixed nut recipes that don’t disappoint, you have to try these new Vegan Roasted Sweet + Spicy Rosemary Pecans!! They are quick, easy, affordable, savory, sweet, have notes of spice, rich flavors of rosemary and garlic, can easily be made in bulk, are perfect for a snack or to throw on a salad, can be crushed and used to coat a protein, and are great for entertaining!
Roasted Sweet and Spicy Rosemary Pecans [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 Cups pecans
- 2 tablespoons vegan Butter
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Rosemary – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- In a medium sized sauté pan, over medium low heat, melt the vegan butter.
- Stir in the rosemary and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the maple syrup, coconut sugar garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pecans. Combine. Set aside. If you don't have coconut sugar simply do 2tbsp of maple syrup and vice versa)
- Transfer the seasoned nuts to the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake until nuts are toasted and light golden in color, about 10 minutes, tossing once half way through baking.
- Allow the nuts to cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or a container with a tight fitting lid.