I had couple of Tbsp of Lebanese seven-spice blend and half cauliflower sitting in my refrigerator. Evil side of me went ‘Fry them’ and the Good side went ‘Roast them.' I decided to listen to my good side for once. I added left over chickpeas, and spinach to round out this flavorful and healthy dish - No dressing required.
Lebanese Spiced Roasted Cauliflower Chickpea Salad [Vegan]
- 3 cups cauliflower florets - broken into bits
- 2/3 cup boiled chickpeas
- 2 ounces baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp rice bran oil
- 2.5 tsp Lebanese 7 Spice Blend
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 red onion -sliced lengthwise
- Salt-to taste
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- Almond Feta-cubed 1/4 cup [optional]
- In a pan, add oil, add the spice blend, salt and let it roast for a minute on low flame.
- Add cauliflower florets, chickpeas salt and toss well.
- Transfer to a baking tray and roast for 20 minutes.
- Flip and let it roast for another 15 minutes
- After the 15 minute mark, remove sprinkle grated garlic and another 10 minutes until cauliflower is well done.
- Chickpeas will be crispy-it adds a crouton texture to the salad
- In a salad bowl, add chopped baby spinach, onions, roasted cauliflower & chickpeas, lemon juice, toss them together
- Add Almond feta, give them a gentle mix and serve.