This salad is a perfect holiday side or appetizer. Celebrating winter produce, this grain salad combines caramelized brussels sprouts and red onions with quinoa and is topped with a seedy pistachio gremolata! It’s unusual, delicious, and super easy to throw together. Enjoy!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Quinoa Salad with Pistachio Gremolata [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled
- 2 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chopped brussel sprouts
- 1/2 a red onion, sliced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss Brussels sprouts and red onion with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until veggies are carmelizing. Remove from oven and set aside on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse together pistachios, breadcrumbs, and garlic powder until finely chopped and combined. Stir in chia and flax seeds.
- In a large bowl, toss quinoa, roasted Brussels sprouts and red onion with salt and pepper to taste.