What's cozier than warm, roasted stuffed peppers and tomatoes? Peppers and tomatoes that are stuffed with an herbaceous risotto! Though the recipe may sound involved, it only requires 9 ingredients. These flavorful stuffed veggies only taste better with time.
Risotto and Herb Stuffed Peppers and Tomatoes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 medium red peppers, roasted
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 1/2 onions
- 4/5 cup and 1 tablespoon of rice for risotto
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 bunch of fennel
- 3 mint leaves
- 12 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- Oil, as needed
- Wash tomatoes and peppers. Cut off the tops and set them aside. Remove the tomato pulp and set it aside. Clean the peppers and set the pulp aside
- In a blender mix the tomato pulp, pepper pulp, garlic, onion, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the blended mixture with raw rice and fill the vegetables. Spray abruptly with oil, close each with the top, place them in a pan, add a cup of water to each, a little more oil, and salt and bake at 360°F for an hour and a half.