This salad is light yet satisfying. The cucumber, fresh coriander (cilantro), mint, and lime make it super refreshing, and the black beans and quinoa give it a protein punch.
Mango and Black Bean Salad With Quinoa [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Mango and Black Bean Salad With Quinoa [Vegan]
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed drained
- 1 fresh mango, cubed
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
How to Prepare Mango and Black Bean Salad With Quinoa [Vegan]
- Place the quinoa along with 3 cups salted water in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to the lowest heat setting. Simmer until water is completely absorbed and quinoa is fluffy, about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and garlic.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the quinoa, and gently combine. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to let the salad cool and flavors combine. Serve immediately.
The lime juice will help prevent the avocado and mango from turning brown, but I would still serve this the same day that you make it. Toss in a handful of baby spinach or rocket (arugula) if you want a few greens in there. Feel free to add a pinch of red pepper flakes if you like things hot!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.