If you’re like me and love the word ‘autumnal’, you can call this The Best Autumnal Casserole. Either way, with its hearty potatoes and thickly sliced vegan sausage, it’s perfect for these crisp autumn evenings. Whether you spent the afternoon hiking and enjoying the changing leaves or camped out on the couch watching football, once the divine smell of this casserole starts wafting through your house you’ll want to dig in like you haven’t eaten in a week! Olive oil and a bit of melted earth balance add a rich layer to the flavorful veggie broth. Really, this dish is all flavor! It’s a new and healthier take on the roasts many of us used to make in our crock pots during our pre-vegan days, right? My secret ingredient is vegan worcestershire sauce, and if you were so inclined, a couple glugs of wine would be really nice too. In the dish I mean, although in your glass is also a great idea!
Fall Casserole [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Fall Casserole [Vegan]
- 1 lb potatoes (this is approximate- a little more is just fine!)
- 1 lb bag of baby carrots
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 T Earth Balance, melted
- 4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 pack Tofurky Italian sausages, each chopped into thirds (or quarters if you’re feeding smaller kiddos)
How to Prepare Fall Casserole [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 425. Wash, peel and chop potatoes into large (but still bite-sized) pieces. This is a hearty casserole, so you want larger chunks. Add along with the carrots to a 9x13 glass baking dish. Chop and add bell pepper and onion- keeping the pieces nice and big-bite-sized.
- In a medium bowl mix all the spices with the veggie stock, melted earth balance and vinegar, then pour over the veggies in your baking dish. Mix very well, and add a bit of salt and pepper as needed.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Add the sausage, stir everything together, cover and put back in for another 20 minutes. Remove and let cool for just a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Potato Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.