These classic Chocolate Balls is a Swedish no-bake sweet, served at birthdays, special occasions and as an everyday treat. This ball is rolled in something Swedes call Pearl Sugar, a rough cut type of sugar that won't melt, even if baked in the oven. It is used as decoration on cakes, cookies and on our all time favorite, the Swedish Cinnamon Scroll! Making Vegan Chocolate Balls is as easy as it gets -- just measure, mix and roll, making it a fun activity for the whole family. Parents can measure the ingredients and let kids have fun using their hands to mix it all together. This usually results in a big mess, but you won't care when you see how much fun they're having, and the end result is something beautiful and delicious.
Swedish Chocolate Balls [Vegan]
- Scant 1/2 cup vegan butter
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 1 tbs Vanilla Sugar (or vanilla extract)
- 2-3 tbs Dark Cocoa Powder (European style)
- 1 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 2-3 tbs Cold Strong Caffeine Free Coffee
- Pearl sugar, dessicated coconut or your favorite sprinkles.
- So just like I mentioned before, measure all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well and roll into 30 even sized balls.
- Coat them with your choice of garnish by rolling them in it.
- Eat straight away or leave the chocolate balls to cool in the fridge.
The chocolate balls can be stored in the freezer for a long time, just take them out 5-10 minutes before serving.