I have been enlightened. Never again will I make raw chocolate without orange! It is incredibly delicious, and I mean literally incredible. I added the zest of one orange to the chocolate to include a fruity component so it would pair well with the layered fruit - what a wonderful decision it was. My boyfriend says these taste like "amazing flying chocolate fruit saucers of deliciousness" and I can go with that. It sounds like a compliment... right? Right.
Raw Spiced Chocolate With Kiwi, Figs, and Orange [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons agave/maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- zest of one orange
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 kiwi
- 1 orange
- 4 figs (fresh or dried)
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries covered with water
- 1 tablespoon agave/maple syrup
- To make the chocolate: stir all ingredients together by hand until smooth. On parchment paper, take a spoonful of the chocolate and spread it into a circle about 2 inches in diameter. Do this until you run out, you should end up with 6 or so. Put in the freezer.
- To make the fruit layers: slice all the fruit.
- To make the berry coulis: blend the berries with the maple syrup and water until smooth. If you have other berries add those if you like. I did not have any.
- Now put it all together: Take the chocolate out of the freezer, they should now be solid. Decorate plates with coulis as you desire, then layer on the chocolate discs and fruit slices.