This low-caloric chia treat is not only a wonderful energizing (caffeine!) breakfast, but also a perfect dessert after a healthy dinner. With their amazing water-absorbing capacity (and no heat required), chia seeds are perfect thickeners in raw puddings and sauces. Chia seeds also make a great addition to smoothies and other drinks. Chia seeds can also be combined with water to make a “chia egg,” a gel-like mixture that’s perfect for baking. To learn more about how to make a chia egg, with information on health benefits on chia seeds, and recommended products, read this article. The raspberries in this recipe boast flavonoids that can counter cell damage in the body, potentially reducing the risks of cancer and cardiovascular disease. They’re also a rich source of vitamin C and provide useful amounts of fiber, folate, iron and potassium. Click here for more raspberry-based recipes.
Energizing Chia Pudding
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Energizing Chia Pudding
- 1 l soy milk
- 2 espresso shots
- 4 tbsp stevia powder
- 12-15 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup (or to taste) of raspberries, fresh or thawed
How To Make Energizing Chia Pudding
- Place the milk,espresso and stevia into the blender and blend briefly.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the chia seeds. Stir thoroughly, making sure that all the seeds are covered with the liquid. Leave out and, using a large spoon or a spatula, stir periodically (about every 10 minutes), breaking up any clusters that form.
- Allow the pudding to stand until it has thickened to the right consistency, for at least an hour. If within one hour it is not puddingy enough, add 1-3 tablespoons of chia seeds, wait and check the consistency again.
- Refrigerate before serving for at least an hour.
- Before serving, carefully stir in the raspberries and/or top individual portions with them.
For this recipe I used stevia powder with inuline. The amount of tablespoons of chia seeds depends on the consistency of the pudding you want to achieve. Start with 12, and check it out after 30 minutes. If it is not jelly enough, add one more and check the consistency again in half an hour. Repeat if necessary.
- Chia Seeds