These lemons slices are simple, elegant, and very easy to prepare. The crumbly date and coconut crust is topped with a creamy coconut and lemon topping that has a dash of turmeric added to it for a depth of flavor and a little extra color.
Raw Zesty Lemon Slice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 2 cups mixed almonds and walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted or 1/4 cup maple syrup
For the Topping:
- 2 cups cashews (soaked for 2 hours)
- 1 13.5-ounce can of coconut cream
- 2 lemons, zest and juice of (leave some zest aside for sprinkling over the top)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of turmeric powder for color
- For the base, line a 7x10-inch baking dish with baking paper.
- Blend the base ingredients in a food processor until they become slightly crumbly but still sticks together.
- Press the base mix on the bottom of the lined tray evenly and set this aside.
- Blend all the filling ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender until they’re smooth.
- Pour the topping over the base and sprinkle some lemon zest over the top.
- Set this aside in the refrigerator for around 3 hours or until you can touch the top and it’s set.