These lemons slices are simple, elegant, and very easy to prepare. The crumbly date and coconut crust is topped with a creamy coconut and lemon topping that has a dash of turmeric added to it for a depth of flavor and a little extra color.
Raw Zesty Lemon Slice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Zesty Lemon Slice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 2 cups mixed almonds and walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted or 1/4 cup maple syrup
For the Topping:
- 2 cups cashews (soaked for 2 hours)
- 1 13.5-ounce can of coconut cream
- 2 lemons, zest and juice of (leave some zest aside for sprinkling over the top)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of turmeric powder for color
How to Prepare Raw Zesty Lemon Slice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- For the base, line a 7x10-inch baking dish with baking paper.
- Blend the base ingredients in a food processor until they become slightly crumbly but still sticks together.
- Press the base mix on the bottom of the lined tray evenly and set this aside.
- Blend all the filling ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender until they’re smooth.
- Pour the topping over the base and sprinkle some lemon zest over the top.
- Set this aside in the refrigerator for around 3 hours or until you can touch the top and it’s set.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 4857 | Total Carbs: 303 g | Total Fat: 377 g | Total Protein: 102 g | Total Sodium: 932 g | Total Sugar: 175 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.