Besides the cashew soaking process, this Raw Cashew Cheese is a breeze to make! Simply blend the ingredients, shape it, and wait a few hours until your cheese is dense and ready to be spread. Add some extra flavor (and color) by coating your cheese in your favorite spices, red pepper, rosemary, and turmeric all add a gorgeous color and taste. Serve with crackers and wine for a classy and cruelty-free hors d’oeuvres.
Raw Spiced Cashew Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Spiced Cashew Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups raw cashews
- Juice from 1/2 of 1 lemon
- 1 probiotic capsule
- 2 teaspoons apple pectin
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup nutrition yeast
- Spices of your choice
- Coconut oil or olive oil
How to Prepare Raw Spiced Cashew Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Soak cashews for at least 4 hours. When fully tender, remove water and rinse well.
- Add lemon juice, apple pectin, salt, nutritional yeast, and the contents of the probiotic capsule to the softened cashews. Blend very well in a food processor or blender until smooth and combined.
- Place the mixture in a well-greased bowl and smooth over the top. After about an hour, carefully remove the cheese from the bowl. It will still be a little soft.
- Roll the cheese well in your spices and leave it in the refrigerator for a few hours. Serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- All Vegan Cheese
- Cashew Cheese
- Nutritional Yeast / Nooch
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving Calories: 152 | Carbs: 9 g | Fat: 11 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 10 g | Sugar: 2 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.