In this recipe, a creamy layer of vanilla cheesecake sits between a date-and-nut crust and a sweet raspberry layer. The result is a raw dessert with beautiful colors that's sweet, but not too sweet.This can be made into one big pie or four smaller ones — perfect for parties. Top each pie with fresh raspberries and mint leaves for an adorable presentation.
Raw Raspberry Cream Cheesecake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Raspberry Cream Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almonds or pecans
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
For the Filling:
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 5-6 hours
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (soy or almond are best)
- 1/3-1/2 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 5 drops of liquid stevia
- 3/4 cup raspberries, fresh (preferably) or thawed
How to Prepare Raw Raspberry Cream Cheesecake [Vegan]
To Make the Crust:
- Prepare the crust by processing the dates, nuts and coconut in a food processor. Add water, if needed, until you have a sticky consistency.
- Transfer mixture to a cheesecake pan and leave in the freezer while you make the filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Blend the cashews, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, milk, vanilla, and stevia drops until you have a very creamy consistency.
- If you want to have a white layer and a pink layer, at this time, remove half of the cheesecake filling and spread it on top of the crust. Add the raspberries and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Spread the filling over the crust and freeze for 24 hours. Once ready, leave outside the freezer for 5 minutes and remove from pan while frozen.
- Top cheesecake with your favorite fruits or any other topping you want.
- Let it sit for about 20-30 minutes before cutting and serving so you get a super creamy and not frozen consistency.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.