These raw pesto beet wraps are a surprising simple yet elegant appetizer that is clean and healthy but still full of flavor. Shaved beets act as the tortilla that then holds the luscious, chestnut and cilantro pesto filling.
Raw Pesto Beet Wraps [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 medium beet
- 3.5 ounces fresh cilantro
- 1.4 ounces chestnuts or peanuts
- 5 teaspoons ginger zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- Nutmeg, salt, and pepper, to taste
- Crush all the ingredients for the filling in a food processor.
- Prepare the beet wraps by washing and peeling the beet. Then, carefully cut into very thin sheets.
- Fill the wraps with the filling and serve cold.