Craving raw decadence? This quick, yet delicious raw Neapolitan cake is the best way to satisfy your dessert cravings, while staying healthy. Besides having two delicious layers that combine the classic Neapolitan cake flavors (berry and chocolate) in their wholesome raw version, what’s great about this recipe is the delicious crust made from protein bars!
Raw Neapolitan Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 100 grams chocolate protein bars (gluten-free, grain-free)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
For the Cherry Layer:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 4 frozen cherries
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
For the Middle Coconut Layer:
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons liquid sweetener
For the Chocolate Avocado Layer:
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoon cacao
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Juice of 1/3 of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
For the Toppings:
- .7 ounces dark chocolate
- 5 raspberries
To Make the Crust:
- Place the bars (leave 1/4 of a bar aside for decoration) and the coconut flour in a food processor and blend until crumbs form.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the coconut oil. Toss in the crust mixture and mix until it’s well combined and sticks together.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a 6-inch silicone mould using your fingers or the back of a tablespoon. Set aside while you prepare the filling.
To Make the Cherry Layer:
- Place all ingredients for the cherry layer into a blender and process until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the cherry cream over the crust and spread it out evenly using a rubber spatula.
To Make the Coconut Layer:
- Create the coconut layer by sprinkling the shredded coconut on top of the cream making sure it’s nicely thick along the borders as well. Drizzle some sweetener over the shredded coconut and place the cake in the freezer for 15 minutes to set before adding the next layer.
To Make the Chocolate Avocado Layer:
- Mix all the ingredients in your blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and gently pour this layer evenly over the cherry layer.
- Place the cake in the freezer and let it freeze for at least 4 or 5 hours.
- When the cake is already frozen, decorate it with some raspberries, melted chocolate, and pieces of chopped protein bar.
- Store the cake in the freezer, and take it out 20 minutes before serving so it softens.