These raw Meyer lemon tarts are a refreshing treat that will transport your palate to a sun-drenched locale, no matter where you are. Made with cashews and almonds, they're also protein-rich and filling. For a month of adorable after-dinner desserts, freeze a big batch and simply let soften for a bit before enjoying.
Raw Meyer Lemon Tarts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Meyer Lemon Tarts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Filling:
- 1 1/4 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Meyer lemon, juiced
- A pinch of Himalayan sea salt
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
How to Prepare Raw Meyer Lemon Tarts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- First, make the filling. Soak your cashews in a bowl of water anywhere from 4-24 hours. Then drain and rinse well. Add the cashews, your water, syrup, oil, extract, lemon juice, and salt to a blender and blend on high (speed 10, if applicable) for about 1 minute then stop and scrape down the sides and blend again until smooth. Add the mixture to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or so to firm up.
- While that is chilling, add your crust ingredients to your food processor and blend until it forms a ball or you can pinch the dough together and it sticks.
- Spray a mini tart pan (with a removable bottom) with coconut oil and then add a bit of your nut crust mixture to each. Working with wet fingers, start to press the mixture up the sides and across the bottom evenly. Avoid making it too thick. Refrigerate those for one hour to firm up as well.
- Once everything is chilled, add your filling to each tart pan and then remove from your mould and serve immediately. If not serving immediately, freeze until about 15 minutes prior to serving and un-mould each one and serve. You can garnish with a tiny slice of Meyer lemon or a curly piece of the rind.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.