Combine the healing powers of mushrooms and the delicious flavors of chocolate and chai in this rich, raw cheesecake. If you can get your hands on some mushroom coffee, the mushrooms will provide antioxidants and immune boosting properties. However, if you can't, it is a deliciously rich cheesecake nonetheless, perfect for holiday parties.
Raw Medicinal Cacao Chai Cheesecake [ Raw Vegan]
To Make the Crust:
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1-2 tablespoon water
To Make the Filling:
- 2 cups cashews (whole and raw), soaked 4 hours
- 2/3 cup maple syrup (can substitute for agave or coconut nectar)
- 3/4 cup golden chai (on bag steeped in warm water)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 packet medicinal mushroom powder (cordyceps, reishi, lion's mane)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup melted organic coconut butter
- 2-3 drops stevia, optional
- Blend the cashews, maple, chai infusion, vanilla and salt until smooth and creamy in a high-speed blender.
- Add the coconut oil and butter. Blend to incorporate. Separate half and reserve. Blend the other half with cacao powder. Taste and add a few drops stevia if desired.
- Pour vanilla mixture over the crust and then the chocolate mixture. Swirl and set in the freezer for 5-6 hours and then in the fridge for 8-12 hours.