This raw matcha and raspberry nice cream cake is out-of-this-world delicious. The rich, creamy matcha layer is made from frozen banana and creamy avocado and is sandwiched with a layer of sugar-free, homemade raspberry chia jam.
Raw Matcha and Raspberry Nice Cream Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 6 tablespoons rolled oats (can be gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
For the Raspberry Jam:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon stevia or maple syrup
- 3-4 tablespoons chia seeds
For the Matcha Filling:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- Pomegranate seeds, freeze-dried raspberries to decorate
- Make the base by mixing everything together to form a flapjack mixture.
- Press this into the base of a 4x4-inch mini loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Make the jam by placing the berries in a pan with a dash of water and maple syrup to taste.
- Simmer this for 5 minutes and gently mash the berries with a fork, then remove them from the heat and stir in the chia seeds.
- Set this aside for at least 15 minutes to thicken, then transfer it to a jar and keep it in the fridge until needed.
- Spoon a generous layer of the jam over the base.
- Now blend together all of the ingredients for the matcha filling until they're quite thick and smooth.
- Pour this over the jam and then place it in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove it from the freezer 5-10 minutes beforehand and remove it from the tin.
- Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds and freeze-dried raspberries over the top to make it look pretty.