This raw cake is light, fresh, and full of flavor — and you'll be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't enjoy it. Cacao is used to make the crust, giving it a hint of chocolatey flavor that pairs perfectly with the zesty lime filling. Avocados are used for the tart's filling making this dessert irresistibly creamy.
Raw Lime Tart With a Cacao Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 16 Medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup raw macadamias
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 medium avocados
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Zest of 1 lime
- For the crust, blend together all ingredients until combined (don't over blend as the crust is better a bit crumbly).
- Line a round springform cake tin at the bottom only with baking paper and press the crust into the tin, transfer into freezer while making the filling.
- Cut avocados in half, remove seeds and scoop filling out, place in blender along with all remaining filling ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Pour on the base the spread evenly with the back of a dessert spoon, place back into freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Take out and add optional toppings, like lime zest and pistachios.
- Store in fridge or store in freezer until ready to serve.