What's a summer without ice cream? In this incredibly decadent version, the flavors meld together most deliciously and the only way you could make it more delicious would be to pour a generous helping of chocolate sauce all over it!
Raw Hazel-Coco Nut Brownie Fudge Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 7-oz hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 10 medium dates or 7 large
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 10 medium dates (or 7 large)
- 1/2 of the hazelnut butter
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa (or cacao) powder
- 1 -oz hazelnuts
Banana Hazelnut Layer:
- 1/2 of the hazelnut butter
- 2 cups frozen banana chunks
- 1/3 cup plant based mylk
- 2 oz vegan chocolate chips
- Put all the ingredients for the hazelnut butter together in a food processor and blend until it forms a relatively smooth paste. Separate the mixture in two and set half of it aside - in the fridge if it's particularly warm.
- In the food processor, combine the half of the hazelnut butter that you kept out together with the cocoa powder and process until a dough forms. Add in the chopped hazelnuts.
- Using your hands, form the Brownie Fudge bites as you would bliss balls. You can make them as big or small as you'd like to find them in your ice-cream later. And of course they don't all need to be the same size!
- Once all the Brownie Fudge bites are formed, store them in the fridge.
- In your food processor, combine the can of coconut milk and the dates for the coconut layer together and blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture (I just leave it in the food processor's bowl) in the freezer for about an hour.
- After that time, take the bowl out, process the mixture again, scraping down the sides if some areas have already set. Once everything is well incorporated, return to the freezer for another hour.
- And then it's a question of repeating this process until you find that your ice cream has reached the right consistency. This could take 4 or 5 turns. If it looks like it's almost there towards the end, don't hesitate to just put it back in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before processing one last time.
- Fold in the Brownie Fudge bites.
- In freezer safe pan*** (a cake pan will do, or even Tupperware!), arrange the layer of coconut ice cream, leaving enough room for the hazelnut layer. You can spread it thin on the bottom, arrange it in clumps, put it all on one side... you do you!
- In the freezer it goes while you work on the last layer.
- If you are concerned about your food processor handling the bananas straight out of the freezer, take them out a few minutes before blending.
- Put all the ingredients for this layer except the chocolate chips together in the food processor and blend until you reach the consistency of ice cream, scraping the sides as needed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Take the pan containing the coconut ice cream out of the freezer and arrange the hazelnut banana layer in the pan.