This rich, peanuty dressing graces many a Balinese menu. I am hoping each time I make it to drizzle over a bowl of raw veggies, tofu, or tempeh that it will carry me back to this sweet land of smiles.
Raw Gado Gado Dressing [Vegan]
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons of tamari
- 2 tablespoons of coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 small chili without seeds
- 1/3 cup of raw natural unsalted organic peanut butter (you can also use cashew or almond butter)
- 1/3 cup water (more or less as needed)
- Blend all ingredients together until the sauce is smooth and creamy, adding enough water to reach your desired consistency.
- Depending on your taste you may like to add more chilli or lime, more garlic or a touch of fresh mint- taste the dressing as you go to suit your preference.
- Before serving, sprinkle the bowls with chopped coriander, finely chopped deseeded chilli and a scattering of jungle peanuts.