These better-for-you Oreos will become your new go-to dessert. The chocolatey cookies are made from a combination of almond flour, coconut, and cacao powder and each cookie sandwich is stuffed with a creamy, decadent vanilla coconut cream. The recipe is simple, the ingredients are easy to work with, and you’ll probably have trouble sharing with anyone.
Raw Coconut Almond Flour Oreos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Vanilla Coconut Cream:
- 1 13.66-ounce can coconut cream, separated, plus 2 tablespoons water from the can
- 1/2 cup frozen coconut meat
- 1/4 cup maple
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- A dash of salt
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon mesquite powder
- A dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon CBD oil or more coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed Medjool dates, pitted
To Make the Vanilla Coconut Cream:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Set in the refrigerator until thick (about 2-3 hours, or overnight).
To Make the Chocolate Cookies:
- In your food processor, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add melted coconut oil, CBD oil, sweetener, and vanilla and process again. With the processor still going, gradually add in the Medjool dates until everything is combined and the mixture is sticky when pressed together.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out 28 balls and flatten on a lined plate or pan.
- Place the cookies in your freezer to harden (about 1-2 hours).
- Once the cream has thickened up and the cookies are hardened, spread a layer of the cream (about 1/4-inch thick) on the flat side of half the cookies and sandwich with the remaining cookies.
- Eat immediately or return to your freezer in an airtight container. Or you could keep them stored in your refrigerator for a less frozen version.
- Raw Cacao