Raw chocolates are perfect for holidays such as Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, or any day really. Try these decadent, healthier options to traditional chocolate.
Raw Chocolate Gift Box [Vegan]
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp agave nectar (more if you have a sweet tooth)
- 2 tsp lucuma powder (optional)*
- 100g (3.5 oz.) cacao butter
- boiling water
- Place a bowl over a pan of hot water (don't let the bottom of the bowl touch the water).
- Cover with a cloth and let the cacao butter melt in that bowl; the whole process will take 7 or 8 minutes at most.
- Whisk the agave nectar, cacao powder and lucuma powder into the melted cacao butter.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into 5 medium-sized moulds (about an inch in diameter).
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. If you wish to add more flavour to your chocolates you can add 2 tsp whiskey (which isn't raw, but it's still scrumptious), 2 tsp maca powder, ground cinnamon or other spices. You will need to alter the liquid to solid ingredients ratio accordingly but I assure you it's very hard to go wrong with this. * The lucuma powder adds the 'snap' to the chocolate but isn't totally necessary.