These raw cupcakes celebrate the classic and delicious combination of chocolate and cherries. They start off with a crunchy coconut-almond crust, are filled with a delectable cacao-cherry filling made creamy thanks to avocados, and are topped with a fresh cherry that is just asking to be plucked off and eaten first! Absolutely irresistible.
Raw Cherry Cupcakes With Avocado Frosting [Vegan]
For the Almond Crust:
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup diced Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
For the Filling:
- 2 small ripe avocados
- 7 large pitted and diced sweet cherries plus 6 whole cherries for decoration
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao butter
- 3 tablespoons raw agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
To Make the Almond Crust:
- Mix well almond meal, coconut, and pitted diced dates in your food processor until a sticky smooth dough texture is reached.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together sticky dough and remaining ingredients. Press the mixture into the base of muffin cups evenly and firmly. Chill in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Mix well diced avocado, cacao powder, cacao butter, agave syrup, and vanilla in your food processor. Blend until it's really smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, carefully stir together chocolate filling and pitted diced cherries. Pour the mixture into muffins cups. Press in a cherry on the top of each cupcake.
- Put in the freezer for 1-2 hours to set.