Embrace the fall season with this raw caramel apple cheesecake! It’s so creamy, with a subtle taste of apples, cinnamon, and that dreamy caramel sauce on top. The base is made from coconut and cashews, the creamy filling is made from cashews and apples, and an easy almond butter-based caramel is swirled on top. This is the perfect cake to bring to a fall party or to make just because.
Raw Caramel Apple Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Caramel Apple Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup raw cashews or almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2-3 teaspoons water
For the Filling:
- 4 cups diced, peeled apples
- 2 cups raw cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
To Make the Caramel:
- 3 tablespoons almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lucuma powder
- 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons water, plus more as needed
How to Prepare Raw Caramel Apple Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crust:
- In a food processor, combine the first three crust ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Add raisins and pulse again. The mixture should look crumbly. Check the texture, add water, and pulse again
- Press the crust into a 9-inch springform pan and set aside in the refrigerator.
To Make the Filling:
- In a powerful blender, combine ingredients from cashew pieces to salt and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetener/salt to your preferences.
- Add melted coconut oil and blend again. Pour the filling over the crust and set in the freezer while you make the caramel.
To Make the Caramel:
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk together.
- Using a spoon, dollop caramel on top of the cheesecake. Using a toothpick or skewer, create "designs" using the caramel.
- Set the cheesecake in the freezer for minimum 12 hours to allow it to firm up.
- Remove from freezer and let it sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes to cut while still firm.
- Store in fridge or freezer
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.