This early spring vegan recipe is fresh, savory and satisfying. Serve it up as an entrée or an appetizer at your next party!
Raw Candy-Striped Beet Ravioli [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Raw]
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup English walnuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 pound candy striped beets (red beets work too, but they’re not as fun)
- To make your herb oil, mince parsley and chives and combine in a small dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper. This will taste best if it’s given a few hours to infuse.
- Combine all over your of your walnut “cheese” ingredients and lightly blend using a hand blender or a food processor. You’ll want the ingredients to begin to cream, but allow some chunks of walnut to remain.
- Peel and wash your beets. If you don’t have candy striped beets available, red beets will work, but they tend to have a stronger flavor and are little messier. Using a mandoline, thinly slice the beets, about 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Scoop and spread 1 1/2 tsp of your “cheese” on half of your beets.
- Top with the remaining beets.
- Sprinkle with your herb-infused oil and serve!