This is one of the first raw desserts I ever learned to make and I absolutely love it! I do love making cooked apple pie too, but this one I enjoy as much as a dessert as a breakfast dish as it is as nutritious as it is tasty! It is also lovely topped with coconut yogurt.
Raw Apple Pie With Goji Berries and Nutmeg [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 3 sweet apples finely sliced (I use a mandolin but you can finely slice with a knife)
- 1 cup of soft dates
- 1 orange roughly chopped
- ½ a large ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon of desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon of raisins
- 1 tablespoon of goji berries
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Place the finely sliced apples in a large bowl and set aside.
- In your blender, place the dates, orange, avocado and lemon juice and blend until to get a smooth creamy mixture, you may need to add some water to get it blending but it should be quite thick.
- Stir this mixture through the apples and add all the other remaining ingredients.
- You can place this in a large serving bowl or in individual serving sizes.
- Top with extra goji berries, coconut, almond flakes and raisons.
- This is lovely served with coconut yogurt too.