If you aren't already a tempeh fan, this recipe will do the trick. The fermented protein is marinated and glazed with a sweet and tangy raspberry marinade. The flavor is beyond belief and perfect for the holiday season.
Raspberry Glazed Tempeh [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 7 ounces tempeh
- 1/2 cup raspberries, defrosted or fresh
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 clove of garlic
- Cut the tempeh into thin slices.
- Mix the marinade with the berries and add it into a big flat bowl. Add the tempeh to it and give it a really soft massage so the marinade really covers every inch. Let this sit for about an hour to 24 hours.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan and take the tempeh out of the marinade, giving it to the pan (without adding the rest of the marinade to it). Let it bake for around 3 minutes on each side. Slightly reduce the heat and add the marinade as well. Let this simmer for another 5-7 minutes or until the marinade starts to really hug the tempeh, giving a shimmery glaze to it.
Since my journey to Bali, i have become a fan of tempeh. We had the chance to see the ancient production of tempeh and how to eat and marinade it. The thing that fascinated us most was that tempeh can actually be being made from all different kind of beans. We have seen chickpea tempeh, pea tempeh, and lupine tempeh. We published this recipe to show you guys the beauty of preparing tempeh and maybe enable you to enjoy it as much as e do.