Raspberry Creme Thumbprint Cookies are so easy to make. The best part is they are healthy, vegan, gluten free and contain no added sugar!
Raspberry Creme Thumbprint Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cookies:
- 4 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 flax eggs
For the Cashew Cream:
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight in water)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup (any liquid sweetener will work)
- 1 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all the ingredients for the cookies in a food processor and process until well-combined.
- Roll dough into balls. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Using your thumb, make an indentation about 3/4 of the way down into the center of each cookie. You may need to reshape the edges of the cookies if cracks form.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, make raspberry cashew creme filling. Drain the water from the cashews place in the blender with all other ingredients. Blend until smooth
- When the cookies are done baking, let sit for about 10 minutes or so until cool. Using a spoon, dollop some of the raspberry cashew creme into the thumbprint of each cookie.