Oats and fruit is one combination that always works and no more so than in these Raspberry Chia and Oat Bars. They would make the perfect quick breakfast served with vegan yogurt or an on the go snack.
Raspberry and Chia Jam Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free, No Refined Sugar]
For the Chia Jam:
- 3.5-ounces raspberries
- 1/2-ounce chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon fruit syrup
For the Oat Layers:
- 2.5-ounces gluten-free oats
- 1-ounce coconut flour
- 1/2-ounces ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon fruit syrup
- 13-ounces almond milk
- 1-ounce plant-based vanilla protein powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a small square baking tray with baking paper
- Combine all the ingredients for the chia jam in a pan and cook over a low heat until the raspberries soften and the jam is formed
- Combine all the dry ingredients for the oat layer in a food processor until it turns to a flour consistency and then add in all the liquid ingredients until a doughy texture forms
- If its too dry add a splash more almond milk
- Layer 2/3 of the mixture in the tray followed by the chia jam and then the remainder of the oat mixture
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden
- Slice and Enjoy!