Colorful veggies, hummus spread, and a crispy crust sprinkled with everything bagel toppings? This pizza is revolutionary!
Rainbow Veggie Hummus Pizza With Everything Bagel Crust [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups flour
For the Everything Bagel Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the Toppings:
- 1 cup chipotle hummus
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 small handful fresh basil
- 1 small handful fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine yeast, sugar, and water in a medium mixing bowl and let sit for about 5 minutes, to let the yeast react.
- Add the other ingredients and combine until it starts to form a dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5-10 minutes. It should be smooth and resilient. Grease a medium bowl and place dough inside. Roll the ball of dough in the bowl to cover all sides with oil and cover with towel or plastic wrap. Put in warm place to rise until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Fill the largest and widest pot you have with about 8 inches of water and bring it to a boil. Divide dough in half and roll out each half into 10-inch circles. One at a time, carefully drop each piece of dough into the water and cook for about 45 seconds on each side. Use a large spatula or slotted spoon to gently lift the crust out and place on a tray lined with a clean towel.
- Line two pans with parchment and spray with oil. Place crusts on trays and sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning around the edges. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350°F. Spread on hummus and then layer on everything else except basil, cilantro, and blueberries. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the toppings and edges are browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately top with basil, cilantro, and berries. Allow it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving