They are 100% dairy-free, refined sugar-free, colored with natural superfoods and can even be made oil-free! These are such a stunner for special occasions and, in particular, also for children! Just imagine waking up to these on your birthday morning! These Rainbow Pancakes are the perfect combination between fluffy and beautiful!
Rainbow Pancakes [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 6 tablespoons water)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or swap with 1 tablespoon nut butter)
- 1 ripe banana (alternatively 1 tablespoon maple syrup)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Alkalizing Blend powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ocean Blend powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Berrylicious Blend powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Tropical Blend powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Pitaya powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Antioxidant Blend powder
- Place the banana into a medium-sized bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut oil and flax egg and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and combine until you got a smooth mixture. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Separate the batter into 6 different batches and add about ½ tsp of each blend into the bowls. Combine and let rest for another minute.
- Heat a pan over medium heat (if you have a non-stick ceramic pan you won't need oil - otherwise add a little bit). Add about 1/4 cup of the mixture at a time to the pan to make one pancake.
- Once there's a few bubbles building you can carefully flip the pancake (usually takes about 20 seconds). Let cook for another 30 seconds and transfer to a plate. Repeat this step until the batter is gone.
- Add some nut butter, hemp seeds, and figs with a drizzle of maple syrup and enjoy!