Have leftover quinoa and don't feel like just making a veggie bowl? Try out these quinoa sushi for a fun twist! Filled with avocado, radish, and plenty of wild herbs, this dish is sure to satisfy. Pair with soy sauce and ginger for a kick of flavor.
Quinoa Sushi With Wild Herbs [Vegan]
- 2 nori sheets
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 tablespoons miso paste plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 of 1 avocado
- 2 radishes
- Purslane, basil and brahmi (or other herbs/greens as desired)
- On a bamboo sushi place mat, place 1 nori sheet, shiny side down.
- Dissolve the miso in the water and stir it through the quinoa.
- Place half the quinoa evenly over the bottom half of the nori sheet, leaving about 1 inch from the bottom.
- Slice the avocado and radishes, and place half on top of the rice.
- Add half the herbs on top.
- Roll the sushi and seal the edge with some water.
- Slice with a sharp, wet knife into desired lengths.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to eat.