You are going to love this Stir Fry Quinoa with Veggies, Pine Nuts, and King Oyster Mushrooms! It's such a delicious dish to enjoy during springtime!
Quinoa Stir Fry [Vegan]
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 King Oyster mushrooms
- 6 mini peppers yellow & red, or 2 bell peppers
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil or oil of your choice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- black pepper to taste
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- sesame seed oil to taste
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa by following the instruction on the package. Usually is 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water.
- When ready, set aside and let it cool down.
- Spread the pine nuts on a heated frying pan and fry until they turn golden brown. It shouldn’t take longer than 1 minute.
- Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the peppers into long thin slices and mushrooms starting with the stems by cutting off the bottom first.
- Continue cutting the stems all the way up making about ¼ inch. 1cm thick circles. Cut the top into half at the end.
- Sauté onion with peppers in a wok or large frying pan, add garlic with salt and stir well.
- Add quinoa with couple drops of sesame seed oil and stir well again.
- Take it off the heat, add arugula, lemon juice, and stir well again. You may add more salt as well.
- Sauté the mushrooms on heated oil with salt and black pepper on each side until golden brown. It will take about 5 minutes.
- When ready, mix with quinoa, top with pine nuts, and serve immediately.