It takes just three main ingredients to make these quinoa pizza burgers: quinoa, beans, and tomato paste! The patties hold together without the use of bread crumbs and are flavored with Italian spices like basil and oregano. Top these patties with pizza-inspired toppings, like cashew mozzarella and black olives, or go for a blend of peppers and onions — choose your favorite!
Quinoa Pizza Burger [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Burgers:
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup water, for cooking quinoa
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 a 16-ounce can of great northern beans or pinto beans
- Fresh or dried basil, oregano, and salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Vegan cheese of choice, like cashew mozzarella
- Sliced black olives
- Tomato sauce
- Buns of choice (gluten-free and vegan if needed)
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Mash beans well with fork.
- Mash cooked quinoa, beans, tomato pasta, and spices in a mixing bowl. Form into patties (whatever size you want).
- Fry in skillet with 1 tablespoon oil. Once one side is golden flip and add vegan cheese. Add a dash of water to the skillet and put a lid top to melt the vegan cheese with steam.
- Plate on burger bun and top with tomato sauce and olives.
Inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie.