It takes just three main ingredients to make these quinoa pizza burgers: quinoa, beans, and tomato paste! The patties hold together without the use of bread crumbs and are flavored with Italian spices like basil and oregano. Top these patties with pizza-inspired toppings, like cashew mozzarella and black olives, or go for a blend of peppers and onions — choose your favorite!
Quinoa Pizza Burger [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Quinoa Pizza Burger [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Burgers:
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup water, for cooking quinoa
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 a 16-ounce can of great northern beans or pinto beans
- Fresh or dried basil, oregano, and salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Vegan cheese of choice, like cashew mozzarella
- Sliced black olives
- Tomato sauce
- Buns of choice (gluten-free and vegan if needed)
How to Prepare Quinoa Pizza Burger [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Mash beans well with fork.
- Mash cooked quinoa, beans, tomato pasta, and spices in a mixing bowl. Form into patties (whatever size you want).
- Fry in skillet with 1 tablespoon oil. Once one side is golden flip and add vegan cheese. Add a dash of water to the skillet and put a lid top to melt the vegan cheese with steam.
- Plate on burger bun and top with tomato sauce and olives.
Inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.