Healthy breakfast variation of an Indian pudding. Quinoa Mango Kheer doesn't require any special cooking skills as it is simple and easy to make - plus it can be made in just few minutes!
Quinoa Mango Kheer [Vegan]
For Quinoa Mango Kheer:
- 1 1/2 cup organic coconut milk (1 can)
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons pistachios coarsely chopped
- 3 green cardamoms crushed or 1/2 tsp cardamon powder
- 1 pinch saffron soaked in 1 tbsp warm water
- 1 large ripe mango
For the Toppings:
- fresh mango
- shredded coconut
- Wash the quinoa well under running water.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Now pour the coconut milk into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add quinoa.
- Cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lower temperature and check if the quinoa is soft.
- Stir in raisins, pistachios, cardamom and saffron (discard the soaking water).
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, transfer into a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, peel the mango, discard the pit and coarsely chopped the fruit.
- Put the mango into a high speed blender or food processor and process for 30 seconds to make a smooth puree.
- Mix the mango mixture into the quinoa.
- Divide the mixture into two bowls and sprinkle fresh diced mango and shredded coconut.
- Enjoy warm or cold.