This quinoa bread is gluten-free, nutrient-dense, and delicious. It's a fabulous alternative to your typical supermarket bread and even better still. This bread is ideal to toast, so enjoy it with lemony smashed avocado.
Quinoa Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 2 cups, plus 1 3/4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Pour 1/3 cup, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons water over chia seeds. Let stand for 25-30 minutes until a gel forms.
- Cook the quinoa in 2 cups, plus 1 3/4 tablespoons water with 1 teaspoon salt on low heat for 15-17 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed all the water.
- Blend in a food processor quinoa, chia gel, oil, baking powder, vinegar, and sweetener.
- Transfer the mix to an oven dish or silicone mould. Bread can easily jump out of it. Put the dish in the oven and bake the bread for one hour. Allow to cool. It will take approximately an hour. Be patient and make really sure to let it cool thoroughly before cutting into slices.
Keep it wrapped in kitchen paper. It will stay fresh for at least three days.