These are high protein, gluten free pancakes. A nutty flavour and great start to your day.
Quinoa and Buckwheat Pancakes [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats or use buckwheat flour.
- 1 cup of plant milk (unsweetened soy milk works best)
- 1 medium banana
- Add the buckwheat and quinoa to your blender and blend until you have a fine flour.
- Pour into a mixing bowl. To the blender add the milk and banana and blend until liquidized. Pour over the flour and whisk to make a thick batter.
- In a large frying pan coat with a little oil and turn to heat to medium. Pour in the batter (see image) and cook for about 1-2 minutes until the surface starts to bubble. Flip the pancakes over and cook the other side until golden brown.
- I didn't sweeten these as you get the sweetness from the banana. However, if you have a sweet tooth drizzle with maple syrup or add a little to the batter before frying.